Strode College in Somerset offers a wide range of education and training for the local community, including sixth form, higher education, adult learning courses, apprenticeships, and work-related professional qualifications.
The college faced challenges associated with the introduction of apprenticeship reforms, including connecting with employers, managing employer relationships, matching employers to apprentices and apprentices to courses. This was in addition to maintaining their high standard of education, and achieving cost and time saving efficiencies.
Faced with an MIS that would soon become outdated, UNIT-e from Capita was chosen as the ideal replacement. It was rolled out alongside Advantage, a suite of desktop and mobile solutions that improve stakeholder engagement. The college chose Unit-e and Advantage from Capita over other software providers because of the close match to their specifications. UNIT-e has streamlined the enquiry and application process, automated communication with exam boards, and provides a single, integrated MIS to support the complete student journey.
Strode College now accesses and updates all the information it needs in one place. This allows the team to see everything related to students, staff, apprentices and employers in real-time, helping to streamline communication and increase efficiencies.
Capita’s solutions have led to:
- A reduction in administrative tasks, with increased visibility of student applications, interview status and enrolments
- An improved student experience, with the ability to pay online at the point of enrolment, and communicate with applicants throughout the process
- Fast and accurate interventions with timetabling and attendance stored in a single, integrated system
- An easier way to track and manage relationships with new employers, levy paying and non-levy paying, helping to be more proactive in a competitive market
- Simplified management of apprenticeship funding and reporting ensuring no payments are missed
The college is currently engaging with several large local employers, including Somerset County Council and the NHS. With UNIT-e and Advantage in place, the team believe that any additional challenges will be easily overcome, and they are well placed to maximise any new opportunities the apprenticeship reforms present.
“Multiple touch points for apprenticeship programmes are now all tied together in one place, streamlining communication and eliminating duplication. UNIT-e provides us with one single view of all our data, giving us greater efficiencies and reducing complexity”
Head of Information Services, Strode College